Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Graduation Day


May 30, 2008. What a great day: school finished, Senior year was gone, all my American friends were smiling, we were waiting altogether in a long line inside the main building to walk out in the back yard for the ceremony.

It was all quite until I heard a friend of mine yelling from the end of the hall: <<Veronicaaaaaa someone  is looking for you! She looks lost.>>


And there she appeared, my mum.
New hair color, same genuine look.

It was weird, it didn’t seem so long I wasn’t seeing her but 9 months passed by fast.
Anyway, I knew she was coming to the Graduation but I didn’t know she was already arrived.


The ceremony started.
Awards to Honour Society members were given.
Fathers were recording videos and mothers were wearing the best dress.
The national anthem echoed.
The degree hand in began. As usual, I was the last one on the list because my last name starts by Z.
While waiting to go up on the platform, I noticed that after a long and very cold winter it was finally sunny and warm.


When it was my time to get my diploma and the Principal handshake everybody else was already throwing hats toward the sky
By the time I came down everything was concluded. Sigh.


Time for pictures!

Kara and I. She taught me what sisterhood is.
With my "mums".
After all that, my host family, my mum and I went to Red Lobster for dinner.

At Red Lobster.
I spent the day after with my mother exploring downtown Monroe, MI and chatting a bit. My mum rent a Corvette for the occasion and many laughs were spent for the bad driving due to the automatic shift.


In the late afternoon we said goodbye again to each other and then she came back to NYC. This time was easier let her go, 8 days later I was supposed to be back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...